Your contribution saves lives
Our work is made possible only by the generosity of people like yourself. Helping Strays relies solely on donations to fund all of its rescue, rehabilitation, adoption and community service efforts. We receive no tax dollars or local government financial support and are not affiliated with any other local or national humane society. Your donation to Helping Strays goes toward such basic needs as food, shelter, wellness care, and transportation to adoption events.
With your tax-deductible donations, and the dedicated efforts of our wonderful volunteers, HS is able to continue our mission to help pets and people in many ways:
- We rescue adoptable pets from the Monroe County Animal Control and other rescues when we have space.
- We provide basic healthcare to all our animals, including vaccinations, spay or neuter, and microchipping.
- We begin preventative care for heartworms, fleas, ticks and intestinal parasites. We also give surgical or medical treatment to our animals as they need it.
- We provide continual training as needed for each individual animal.
- We provide safe housing, nutritious food, clean water, and loving attention until adoption.
- We offer educational programs for the community and schools on bite prevention and responsible pet ownership.